Yes, this totally looks like your homemade rice crispies treat, except who says you have to use just one cereal? Check out what you have in your pantry and throw it all in for a different snack every time. Our suggestion, always top off with some PURPO for its brilliant color and health benefits of adding plants into your snacks. Now, how easy is that?!
What you'll need:
- 4 cups Corn flakes gluten-free
- 2 cups Marshmallows vegan
- 3 Tbsp Butter dairy-free
- 2 - 3 PURPO granola pouches
- Optional: vanilla extract, dried fruits, seeds, chocolate chips
How to make it:
1. Melt butter in a large pot on low temperature. Once melted, add marshmallows to melt. (You can also do this in the microwave in the same order.)
2. Once the mashmallows hit their melting point and before they turn brown, quickly add corn flakes and mix with a spatula so the cereal is evenly covered (wet spatula in between mixing to prevent sticking).
3. Stir in or top with PURPO granola, then flatten in a sheet with parchment lining or glass pan.
4. Let cool for an hour before cutting into your desired shape, then serve or portion size them for grab n go!
Photo & recipe courtesy of @ Victor Leung. Thank you, Victor!